nhussain7766 SUSTech, Shenzhen
Your Future starts here
Wu Jiazhen Research Group, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology
Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province
Update on 2021-08-06Number of recruits:3
Job details:Introduction of Cooperative Instructor:
Wu Jiazhen is an assistant professor and doctoral supervisor in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology. Graduated from Nankai University with a bachelor’s degree and obtained a PhD in Science from Tohoku University in Japan in 2015 (supervisor: Professor Katsumi Tanigaki). From 2016 to 2020, he successively engaged in post-doctoral and assistant professor research work at Tokyo Institute of Technology (co-supervisor: Professor Hideo Hosono), during which he was engaged in the research of electride materials, two-dimensional materials, topological materials, catalyst materials and other material systems A number of original results have been achieved. In the past five years, more than 20 papers have been published in international authoritative journals such as Nat. Catal., Sci. Adv., Nat. Comm., Adv. Mater., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., Chem. Mater., Chem. Sci. Article, 1 US patent has been authorized. The research results have been repeatedly reported by international professional media such as Chemistry World and Tokyo Tech. News. Many more works are being prepared for submission.
Introduction to the research group:
The research group is based on solid-state physics knowledge, crystal growth and characterization; it aims to discover novel physical properties and high-performance catalyst materials; it focuses on the exploration of new materials, the crystal structure, band structure and function design of materials. At the same time, he participated in the construction of the Shenzhen Material Genome Large Scientific Device Platform, carried out research on the preparation and characterization of high-throughput single crystals, and constructed a quantum material database. The laboratory currently has basic material preparation and characterization equipment, and maintains close cooperation with multiple research groups (experiment & theory) at home and abroad. There are many topics that need to be developed urgently, and many post-doctors and research assistants are needed. People with lofty ideals are welcome to join!
Research group homepage: http://faculty.sustech.edu.cn/wujz/
Main research directions:
1. Preparation and physical properties of single crystal and heterojunction of new low-dimensional materials;
2. Research on the preparation and catalytic performance of nano-framework and porous materials;
3. Research on the synthesis and physical properties and catalytic performance of new conceptual materials such as new intermetallic compounds and electride.
(1) Recruitment position: post-doctorate.
1. Recruitment requirements:
1) Obtained (or will obtain) a doctorate degree in physics, chemistry, and materials science;
2) Published high-level SCI papers in mainstream international journals as the first author or corresponding author;
3) Those who have a background in crystal growth, inorganic chemistry or solid physics, and catalysis will be given priority. At the same time, scholars with different research backgrounds are welcome to join, and create “sparks” in cross-discipline;
4) Have strong English reading and writing and expression skills;
5) Full of interest in scientific research, with a rigorous scientific attitude and teamwork spirit;
6) At present, there are many projects applied for, urgently in need of manpower, and those who can arrive quickly will be given priority.
2. Job responsibilities:
1) Assist PI’s research projects and topics and be able to independently carry out research;
2) Writing and submission of scientific research papers;
3) Assist other members in the subject research.
1) The post-doctorate has a two-year employment period, with an annual salary of 330,000 yuan, including Guangdong Province’s living allowance of 150,000 yuan and Shenzhen’s living allowance of 60,000 yuan, and participates in social insurance and housing provident fund according to the relevant regulations of Shenzhen. Post-doctoral welfare fees are paid in accordance with the school’s faculty and staff standards.
2) Particularly outstanding candidates can apply for the principal’s outstanding postdoc, with an annual salary of more than 500,000 yuan. (Including subsidies from Guangdong Province and Shenzhen).
3) You can enjoy a housing subsidy of 2,800 yuan/month before tax for two years.
4) Having an excellent working environment and opportunities for cooperation and exchanges at home and abroad, post-doctoral fellows will enjoy a total of 25,000 academic exchange funding for two years during their stay at the station.
5) The research team assists qualified post-doctoral fellows in applying for the “Guangdong Province Overseas Young Post-Doctoral Introduction Project”. After success, they will receive a living subsidy of 600,000 yuan. After leaving the station, post-doctors who promise to continue working in Guangdong for more than 3 years will receive a housing subsidy of 400,000 yuan.
6) Those who choose to stay in Shenzhen and engage in scientific research for more than 3 years can apply for Shenzhen Postdoctoral Research Fund. The Shenzhen Municipal Government grants each person an annual scientific research funding of 100,000 yuan for a total of 3 years (subject to the latest application requirements of Shenzhen).
7) Settling down in Shenzhen can apply for a settlement subsidy of 30,000 yuan (tax exemption, independent online application).
8) According to the conditions that you meet, you can apply for “Shenzhen Peacock Plan C Talents” or “Shenzhen Reserve Talents”, and enjoy 5 years of rewards and allowances of 1.6 million (tax exemption).
Other benefits: 1. Enjoy national statutory holidays and paid annual leave according to school regulations. 2. Other benefits (faculty and staff): Festival fee 1000 yuan/time (about 8 times/year, the specific times will be issued in real time according to the school regulations of the year), monthly meal supplement, high temperature subsidy, etc. 3. Outstanding candidates can be hired as research assistant professors after leaving the station.
4. Application method:
If you are interested in applying for the latter, please send the relevant materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position you are applying for. The relevant materials are as follows:
1) Personal resume (including education background, work experience, list of representative papers, etc.)
2) Contact information of the three referees.
(2) Recruitment position: research assistant.
1) Obtained (or will obtain) a master’s degree in physics, chemistry, and materials related majors;
2) Have good Chinese and English writing, reading and expression skills;
3) Be keen on scientific research, have a strong sense of responsibility, and be good at teamwork;
4) Published SCI papers as the main contributor;
5) Those who can arrive quickly will be given priority.
1) Under the guidance of the supervisor, engage in scientific research and write and publish English papers;
2) Assist the daily management, maintenance and operation of the research group.
1) The annual salary is from 85,000 to 110,000, which can be negotiated face to face;
2) If the household registration is relocated to Shenzhen, you can assist in applying for a one-time subsidy of 25,000 for master’s degree and 15,000 for bachelor’s degree;
3) Enjoy five social insurances and one housing fund, high temperature subsidies, meal supplements, holiday expenses and other related benefits.
Interested parties please send your resume, introduction of research results, dissertation, and contact information of a recommender to email@example.com.
5. Representative work of cooperative tutors.
1. J. Wu*, F. Liu*, C. Liu, Y. Wang, C. Li, Y. Lu, S. Matsuishi, H. Hosono*, Toward 2D Magnets in the (MnBi2Te4)(Bi2Te3)n Bulk Crystal. Advanced Materials, 32, 2001815 (2020).
2. J. Wu, F. Liu*, M. Sasase, K. Ienaga, Y. Obata, R. Yukawa, K. Horiba, H. Kumigashira, S. Okuma, T. Inoshita, H. Hosono*. Natural van der Waals Heterostructures with Tunable Magnetic and Topological States. Science Advances 5, eaax9989, (2019).
3. J. Wu*, J. Li, Y. Gong, M. Kitano, T. Inoshita*, H. Hosono*. Intermetallic electride catalyst as a new platform for ammonia synthesis. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl. 57, 1-6, (2019). Hot Paper.
4. J. Wang, TN. Ye, Y. Gong, J. Wu*, N. Miao, T. Tada, and H. Hosono*, Discovery of hexagonal ternary phase Ti2InB2 and its evolution to layered boride TiB. Nature Communications 10 , 2284, (2019). Selected as Tokyo Tech. News
5. Y. Gong#, J. Wu#, M. Kitano, J. Wang, TN. Ye, J. Li, Y. Kobayashi, K. Kishida, H. Abe, Y. Niwa, H. Yang, T. Tada, H. Hosono. Ternary intermetallic LaCoSi as a catalyst for N2 activation. Nature Catalysis 1, 178–185, (2018). Reported as News in Chemistry World, Tokyo Tech. News, etc.
6. J. Wu#, Y. Gong#, T. Inoshita#, DC Fredrickson, J. Wang, Y. Lu, M. Kitano, H. Hosono. Tiered electron anions in multiple voids of LaScSi and their applications to ammonia synthesis . Advanced Materials, 29, 1700924, (2017). Selected as Tokyo Tech. News
7. J. Li#, J. Wu#, H. Wang, Y. Lu, TN. Ye, M. Sasase, X. Wu, M. Kitano, T. Inoshita, H. Hosono. Acid-durable electride with layered ruthenium for ammonia synthesis: boosting the activity via selective etching. Chemical Science 10, 5712-5718 (2019).
8. J. Wu#, E. Lu#, J. Li, Y. Lu, M. Kitano, DC Fredrickson*, T. Inoshita, H. Hosono*. Pseudogap Control of Physical and Chemical Properties in CeFeSi-Type Intermetallics. Inorg. Chem. 58, 2848, (2019).
To apply for this job please visit www.x-mol.com.